Lets begain your study in abroad journey

Study In Australia

Here’s a comprehensive guide for all Nepalese students who want to study in Australia


International students frequently choose Australia as their study abroad location because of its top-notch academic opportunities and rich cultural diversity. Australian educational options can give students access to highly regarded universities, a variety of academic programs, and opportunities for employment after graduation. Australia provides students from all over the world with a distinctive and fulfilling study experience because to its high level of living, friendly people, and breathtaking natural environment.

The Australian government offers all Nepalese students the chance to study there, but you must first obtain an Australia student visa in order to travel there and begin your studies. The type of study you wish to pursue, the length of the program, and the level of the course will all affect the type of visa you require. As an international student, you would require a student (subclass 500) visa, regardless of your field of study, the university you applied to, and the tuition fees. 

Student visa (subclass 500)

Coming into effect on July 1, 2016, a student subclass 500 visa lets you stay in Australia for the duration of your study program, which is mostly up to five years and in line with your enrolment date. For a smooth stay, you need to ensure that your visa remains valid and that you abide by the Australia student visa conditions mentioned on your student visa. You can read up in detail about this kind of visa on the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs website.

Scope of your subclass 500 visa

  1. You can enrol in your desired study program and university.
  2. You can be accompanied by your family members to Australia.
  3. Dependents can apply for a dependent visa to seek permission to travel with the main applicant.
  4. Simple and streamlined visa requirement for all students.
  5.  You can apply in or outside Australia through an online portal.

Requirement for an Australia student visa

When applying for your Australia student visa to study in Australia, you will generally need: 

  1. Proof of enrolment (your electronic confirmation of enrolment eCoE)
  2. A valid passport
  3. Your visa application fee
  4. Your Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement 
  5. Academic and work experience documents 
  6. Evidence of your English proficiency skills (such as IELTS test scores) 
  7. Evidence of financial ability (tuition fees, living expenses, expenses for dependents, return airfare)
  8. Details of your health insurance policy (OSHC)
  9. Passport-sized photographs

If you are under 18 years of age, you will also need to provide additional documents such as parental consent.

*Please speak with our counsellor for a detailed list of documents required for visa processing.

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

Q1. How much money do I need to show for a student visa in Australia?

Ans: You must demonstrate that you have the financial resources to pay your tuition as well as living costs during the course of your study. The length of your course and the location of your studies in Australia will determine the exact quantity you will need to demonstrate.

Q2. How long does it take to get a student visa in Australia?

Ans: Depending on where you are applying from and how many applications are being handled at the same time, the duration of processing for a student visa application can change. It is advised to submit your application as soon as you can because it may take weeks or even months to complete.

Q3. What type of health insurance do I need for a student visa in Australia?

Ans: For the entire time you study in Australia, you must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). OSHC offers basic medical care and hospital care, but you might need to acquire supplementary insurance to cover extras like dental or vision care.

Q4. Can I change my course or educational institution after I have been granted a student visa?

Ans: You may be eligible to apply for permanent residency in Australia once your studies are finished, depending on your particular circumstances. The Skilled Independent and Employer Nomination Scheme visa are several ways for obtaining permanent residency.

Fulfil your Futuristic Academic Goals with Gantabya

Be a part of an Australian University. Lets Begain

We understand the importance of approaching each work integrally and believe in the power of simple.

-Gantabya Education Foundation Team.

Gantabya Education Foundation

Putalisadak Kathmandu (Opp. the Capital Hospital)
(10am - 06 pm)

Do you want to received regular update?

Please get in touch with us and visit Gantabya Education Foundation office.
Thank you!
Do you want to received regular update?

Contact to your preferred Consultant now

Deependra Budal

Senior Consultant

Deependra Budal

Senior Consultant

Deependra Budal

Senior Consultant

Deependra Budal

Senior Consultant

Deependra Budal

Senior Consultant

Deependra Budal

Senior Consultant